Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Trip to the Zoo

Two Fridays ago, I told Ryan we should take Karys to the zoo sometime. He asked when. I responded, "How about now?" (This was around 8:30 or so in the morning...Ryan's job has him off on Fridays). So we decided to make a spontaneous trip to the zoo. So spontaneous that when we were almost ready he asked if he should call his sister and see if she and her kids were interested in going. Even with the VERY short notice, we all got to go together! :) We had a blast and Karys definitely enjoyed herself. I might have a zoo obsession now because I've talked my friend, Alison, into taking the three kids she's babysitting this week to the zoo and Karys and I are going with her. That way, between me and Alison, we'll each be in charge of a baby and a big kid. :)

Here are some of our fun zoo pics.

Looking in the pond with Daddy
(I was so excited for her to get to wear this hat!!)

Karys and Daddy...awww!!

I forget what these things were called, but right as we were standing there one of them started peeing!! (This happened to us with several of the animals!)

In front of the lions

Looking at the penguins

The cousins

This is what happens when I try to ask Ryan to take a real picture!The petting zooThe goats really liked Connor's wheelchair!! Eventually they were all pretty much climbing on him!!I just found out recently that the Caldwell Zoo here in Tyler is the best zoo in this area (better than both Dallas and Fort Worth), so I'm happy that Karys has been to it. It's possible we'll be going to San Antonio this summer with my family and I just read a list of the Top 10 Zoos in the country in Parents magazine and the San Antonio Zoo made the cut!! :)

2 comments:

Caci said...

The zoo is always fun! Once when Cole was in his stroller at the Tyler zoo a rhino peed and it splashed off the sidewalk and hit Cole. GROSS!!! He still remembers that!

Merrisa said...

How fun! I have been wanting to take Cole to the zoo. It looks like Karys was pretty interested. I also love her pig tales. I'm so jealous of all the girly stuff. (I could probably put Cole's hair in pig tales though!) As far as zoos go, I've been to all of them here in Texas as well as the San Diego zoo. Fort Worth is better than San Antonio and Tyler is a lot nicer than any of the rest as far as facilities and landscaping. Ft Worth just has more animals.

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)