Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hooray for Garage Sales!

I went out garage sale-ing this morning to scout out things that we hadn't yet received from baby showers that I knew we needed. I just had to post some of the deals I got because I'm just so excited!! :) At the first one I went to I got a Baby Bjorn for only $20!! That was my best deal of the morning. It's in perfect condition...doesn't even look used at all. I also got one of those shopping cart covers, baby monitor, and various toys. I was super-excited to find that these people were selling those sweet little smock dresses (usually you only see them on babies whose parents have lots of money!) for only $5! So I had to get one (only one, even though I really wanted more!) I was also able to score a Boppy cover for $.50!

The second sale I went to was one that a friend of mine was having so she let me score her baby clothes for 1/2 off. (And she's probably going to read this so, Misty, you're the best!! :) She also had this really awesome travel swing that will work with our car seat. It's going to be really great for traveling. I almost didn't get it, but she talked me into it!

The other sale I went to I ended up at on my way to another sale. This lady had the one thing I knew for sure that we didn't have but needed. I got one of those booster seats that straps to a chair and has its own tray. We're going to use that instead of a high chair because it will take up a lot less room (plus it's a lot cheaper!). And it was only $5. :) I am super-thrilled about my finds...I'm sure I'll be doing a lot more garage sale-ing in the coming months and years! Since I won't have a job, I'll need all the bargains I can find!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow...I'm impressed! Looks like you found some great deals...I know I'm always way more excited about something when I can get it for a great price!

Jaime said...

Good finds! I love good days at garage saling! Sometimes, it's slim pickins, but sometimes, you hit the jackpot! Looks like you did great! :-)

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)