Saturday, July 12, 2008

Church Baby Shower

The day after the baby shower in Dallas was my baby shower at church. It was such a great time! There were a lot of people who showed up, which definitely made me feel special. My college best friend (who is still my best friend :) came from Houston for the weekend and went with me to my Dallas shower and also came to the church shower. It definitely wasn't something she had to do and that was so special to me. I have so many friends at church who worked on the shower and for that, I am so grateful. It is so great when people want to do things for you. This first picture is of me with all of the hostesses. See all of my great friends?? :)We did play a couple of games at the shower. We each had a the name of a TV mom on our backs and had to go around asking "yes" or "no" questions to people to try to figure out whose name we had. There was another game that involved being blindfolded and trying to scoop up cotton balls with a plastic spoon and put the cotton balls into a basket. Too funny! :)

This next picture is of the gifts that we received at the shower. See what I mean about all the love that was shown? We got some adorable new clothes, as well as lots of other fantastic things!
This last picture is of the cake. Isn't it just too cute?I wish I could post a picture of one of my most special gifts but it would take like 4o pictures to show you the awesome-ness of this gift! Several of my friends worked together to make me a scrapbook of Karys's first year of life. I am not good at scrapbooking and this gift was suggested to me by my fantastic friend, Alison. She mentioned several months ago that she and her sister, Charity were thinking about doing this for me, but they didn't know if it was something I would want. When she said that, my response was, "Yes I want that!!" I'm not good at scrapbooking and it's not really something I enjoy because I end up spending several hours on one layout and then I don't want to do any more so I never end up finishing! So this scrapbook is ready for me and I basically just have to add in pictures! It is so beautiful and fantastic and I am eternally grateful to Alison, Charity, Allison, Jaime, Rebecca, Sarah, and Merrisa (I think that's everyone!) for all of their hard work. I love it!!

1 comment:

Caci said...

awww....I wish I could've been there!

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)