Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here You Go...

Karys and I were upstairs playing in her room and she was being so cute that I started taking some pictures. So here she is, at officially 5 weeks + 1 day old. :)


I swear I was starting to see some real smiles today. I think she looks kinda "smiley" in this picture. :)


Wassup, people? ;) (I think that's what she's saying with this expression. :)


This next picture is especially for my friend, Alison. Alison made this blanket for Karys and brought it to the hospital the day she was born. It's hard to see in the picture, but at the top of the blanket she stitched Karys's birthdate and each of the black circles is made out of different material, to provide Karys with different textures to explore. Too awesome, huh? :)

And it was extra cute to put her next to her name. Check out that 22-inch-long body!

I also used my digital camera today to make a short video of her. This is like my first time videoing EVER, so hope you enjoy :)

2 comments:

Caci said...

Annalisa liked the video and she said that Karys smiled! She also likes her big "doll" that she is laying on!

Mike and Erin said...

Not that she wasn't cute in her pictures, but the video really captures how cute she really is!! Although I'm sure even CUTER in real life. What a beautiful blanket!

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)