Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Time It's About Me

Usually I post about Karys or things about our family because, let's face it, we've become more interesting people since she's entered our lives. :) However, I just want to post quickly about something going on with me for those who are not aware. Starting back in September, I've been having really excrutiating stomach pains that come in spells. They last for different amounts of time and I've discovered Prilosec to be the only thing that will make the pain stop. Last Monday I visited a new doctor (after awakening to the pain at 2:30 a.m. and not having it subside until 10:30 a.m. and the only reason it finally went away was because I took a Prilosec at 8:00 a.m.). She had some blood work done on me and I got a call on Tuesday that my Liver Function Test came back high. That meant more blood work and an ultrasound on Thursday. I was told from that that my gall bladder looks abnormal. Today I got a call confirming that and so this Thursday I have to go have another scan done where I'll be injected with dye to make sure that my gall bladder really is the culprit. From there, I will probably be having my gall bladder removed. All that to say, I don't want to leave people out in the dark. :) If you think about me, I would love your prayers. If surgery is the next step, it'll be "fun" to figure out how to recuperate and take care of a baby at the same time! Luckily my family is already trying to figure out ways to come and take turns staying with us mainly because I'll need help caring for Karys. Oh well, life goes on and we'll be fine. :)

6 comments:

Anita Dick said...

Yeah, that happened to me too after I had Raquel. It's not as bad as it seemes. It took me a week to get to the point I could take care of the girls, but I feel a lot better now. I apparently had trouble with mine all my life and just didn't know. My surgen also said that gallbladder surgeries are so much more common in the Longview area than any other area he is aware of. Crazy! Good luck, and we will keep you in our prayers.

Anita Dick said...

Oh, I meant to say also. I was really lucky because I had the laproscopic surgery, and little of the residual effects that most people go through. Hopefully that will be your blessing as well.

Mike and Erin said...

I'll be praying for the surgery and a quick recovery! At least you won't be having that pain anymore--Ouch!

Kristen said...

We are going though the same thing! I just went in on Monday for the gall bladder test (Hida Scan) and I got sick from the fluid, which they say is a sure fire indicator that my gallbladder needs to come out. I haven't heard the official results, but am pretty sure I will be having surgery very soon too. I hear from everyone that this surgery is not a big deal with the way they do it now....in and out, super quick recovery. Hope that makes you feel better.

Caci said...

Janette, I will definitely be praying that you have a great surgeon and a quick recovery! Thanks for letting us know so we can pray for and with you!

Mer said...

Why did God make gall bladders anyways? Seems like I know tooooo many people with dysfunctional ones! My sis in law had hers out at Christmas. She has a 6 month old (oh same as Karys) and 2 others actually and she did great with surgery. She feels so much better!!! Call if you need help...what's one more over here?

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)