Saturday, February 14, 2009

Karys's First Valentine's/Show Off Outfit #2

Happy Valentine's Day! If you read this blog, it must mean that you have a slight interest in the goings-on of our lives. Since our lives are not all that exciting, you must like us as well. And so for that reason, let me say to you that we like you too! :) Hope your day is great and full of love!

First off, today is Karys's very first Valentine's Day! What do you give a 6-month-old for Valentine's Day? Well, you give her a gift that was intended to be a Christmas gift that her mommy did not get made in time for Christmas! Ta-da....instant Valentine's Day gift! :) I had the intention of painting/decorating step-stools for Karys and my youngest niece and nephew for Christmas and let time get away from me before I got them done (or started). So Will and Jillian have 2-months-late Christmas gifts coming to them soon and Karys has a Valentine's Day present!

Picture #1: Karys's Valentine's Day Outfit (#2) given to her by my sister, her Aunt Julie. Notice her adorable ruffly booty! :)
Picture #2 and #3: Top and side view of the stool. And it may be true that I am only posting these to brag on myself. I really like the way that it turned out! :)
Picture #4: Looking at the "card" on top. Yes, this did turn out to be the best thing for her! :)Picture #5: Checking out her gift.Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

What a cute little stool! Your talented!

Mike and Erin said...

Adorable! How crafty are you? I would have liked to see the other two you made. I assume they weren't ladybugs. Very sweet. Love the ruffly booty. :)

Janette said...

Hey Erin-- The other ones I made are posted on facebook. :) I'm about to start a couple more for my mom to take up to her school to see if any of her teacher friends want to buy one. :)

Josie said...

That is a very cute stool and Karys is getting so big-love the outfit.

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)