Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Baby Pics



Today was another doctor's appointment, combined with a sonogram. We also got to do the 4D sonogram and I have several pictures from that. It was very cool to see what her features are looking like. I've posted my two favorite pictures from today. Check out those sweet little juicy lips in the sepia colored picture! :) Oh, and I was able to see the glowing lines that everyone has told me about that prove she's a girl! :)

We also went today and put a crib and a glider rocker on layaway at a store here in Longview. So yay! Maybe when she arrives she'll actually have a place to sleep. Haha.

In other "makes you feel inadequate" news, we went today and set up a registry at Target. Wow. I feel like I'm picking out all of this stuff, but I have no clue what I'm doing! I hope that's how everyone feels with their first baby. Even in my experience babysitting and with the stuff I know about babies, I still feel slightly overwhelmed. Like when we registered for our wedding, I pretty much knew what I was doing. I mean, how hard is it to pick out a toaster or a blender? And if we forgot something on our wedding registry, we're both adults and could either do without it or just get it at the store whenever. This is a registry for another person! A person we know nothing about, who is not the same as an adult. Requires different stuff for her care, never mind the fact that she's coming into this world with nothing and needs EVERYTHING!! I guess I'll just be praying that Karys is a patient little girl and doesn't mind going through a little trial and error with me. :) I guess it's like my mom told me: Don't worry about not knowing how to be a parent. You're baby doesn't know how to be a baby either.

Don't forget to tell me how precious you think my baby girl is! ;) Haha!

6 comments:

Caci said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!! I know you are so ready to hold her and kiss her!! Don't worry about the small stuff...as long as you feed her, change her and hold her she will have most everything she needs!

Mandy said...

Oh she is gorgeous. :)
Aren't those sonograms the coolest?
Try not to let all that "stuff" out there overwhelm you. A baby doesn't really 'need' as much as the big companies say they do.
And in my experience- some babies love certain things (like swings) and other babies despise them. Even among my four, they were each different with what they each liked as a baby.

Mommy Lion said...

I'm with Mandy on this one! Borrow as much of the frivolous things as you can - it stinks to spend $$$ on things she ends up hating. And just remember God always equips us for what He calls us to do. And now for you that's motherhood! YEAH!
Oh, and of course she's a darling -can't wait to hold her!

Mike and Erin said...

Oh my goodness! You are so lucky to see what she looks like (so sweet!!!). I feel kind of old school, because the base doesn't have that technology. However, I will say there is something special about not knowing what they look like until you hold them in your arms for the first time. LOVE your ladybug stuff too!

Anita Dick said...

What a cutie! Yes, please don't worry yourself too much about being a good mom and know what to do every moment...it's amazing to see how creative you can be on the fly. It has to be a God thing because I think we all know how baby illiterate I was in the beginning. :) I don't know that Makala was patient in the beginning, but she's learned that mommy will take care of her eventually. I also felt overwhelmed registering, and I didn't get much from my registry the first time around. Makala doesn't seem any worse for the lack of toys and such. It will fall together in time! :)

Kristy said...

She is adorable! The ladybug stuff is so cute!

I agree that a baby doesn't need a lot of stuff. A bouncy seat is a lifesaver though. The rainforest one is great!

Congratulations, again.

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)