Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our First Baby Shower






As the title implies, we had our very first baby shower today. We lead a small group of college age students at church and one of the families involved in that group wanted us to have a shower before the college students left town for the summer. It was very sweet and a lot of fun. When we pulled up to their house, they had a bunch of balloons tied on the mailbox that were black and red with a big ladybug balloon amongst them. (I took a picture of the balloons once we brought them home. We played two games. One of those was a Mad Libs-style game. The other one had me and Ryan versus another couple who is also expecting. The husbands were blind-folded and the wives fed them baby food and they were to guess what the food was. Ryan ended up winning. :) I guess that's only appropriate!


The shower was mainly a diaper shower, but we got some other gifts too, so I'm posting pics of everything. The books were given to Ryan by my friend Alison's husband, Mark, and they are hilarious! Everyone was passing them around and cracking up laughing! I love all of the sweet little outfits that we are going to be able to put her in this summer as well. The basket with the red polka dot ribbon was from the host family of the party (I hate to say hostesses, since one of the people was a guy!). Inside are diapers (that everyone was able to write messages on) as well as some baby necessities like lotion, sippy cup, etc.


I feel very blessed to have such great friends and am so thankful to everyone that came and for their sweet presents. :) It definitely makes you feel special when people are willing to spend their money to buy you things.


We are all the way up to 27 weeks now. I'm posting a picture of myself. I told Ryan the other day that I am noticing that some of my shirts are not as long as they used to be and his response was, "Yeah, you're getting bigger every week." :) It made me laugh!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Those cupcakes look perfect! And, you look great! Isn't it fun when you start to show?!

Mommy Lion said...

How fun! It is such a blessing to have so many people shower you with gifts. . . you don't realize how much all those "little" things add up!
Can't wait to hold this new little lady soon!

Caci said...

we bought that book "safe baby handling techniques" for Ben's sister when she was pg with the twins. It made us laugh so hard we were crying in Books A Million! Hope you find some useful advice in there! LOL
glad you had a fun baby shower!!

Antonia Guzman said...

hello very pretty your space I invite to you to know mine and the one of many women we want to know that you think it dates a return on you our success depends

About Me

My photo
I've been a wife for over seven years, a mommy of one for 2 and a half years, and a mommy of two as of 12/28/10! :) I married Ryan on July 26, 2003. We always said we wanted to have kids sometime around our fifth anniversary. The closer that time came, the more we started thinking we still needed another year. However, God held us to our original plan because Karys Elizabeth was born July 30, 2008...4 days after our 5th anniversary. :) I quit my job teaching kindergarten to take on the much more rewarding "career" of stay-at-home mom. There are some days that are hard, but I love it just the same. God surprised us again in May 2010 when we found out we were having baby #2. I went through the entire pregnancy expecting him to go past his January 9, 2011 due date since his sister was overdue. However, Zane Elliott surprised us by making his debut on December 28, 2010, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Now that we have "one of each" we could be "done" with our family, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)